Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either.
As an Senior Animator, you will be working with a team of talented engineers, artists, and technical artists to push the boundaries of what is possible on the Roblox platform. You will be instrumental in informing where we take our animation tools and help advance our capabilities by providing reference animations as well as new animation suites and thematic variations.
- Report to the Director of Art
- Create benchmark animations suitable for avatars that go beyond what is currently available on the platform.
- Work with engineers to solve technical issues like blended animations.
- Create custom rigs for set-piece animations.
- Help develop and improve animation tools and pipeline within Roblox Studio.
- Author specs for new features and improvements to the animation system.
- Investigate and provide feedback on our tools and pipelines from an artist and game developer perspective.
- Document work and pipelines and create user-friendly tutorials.
- Review and provide feedback to any externally produced animations.
- Be the content coordinator for all animation assets.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related CG field
- 4+ years in the game industry, worked on titles on multiple platforms (mobile a plus)
- The ability to envision extensible and efficient methods for production and improvements to everything from Avatar, Clothing, Hair, and skin shading.
- Experience with modern real-time engines, variety of art tools (including Maya and Blender), runtime animation, complex deformation systems and cloth simulation
- An expertise in human motion, squash and stretch, timing, and secondary motion.
- The skills to build rigs, morph targets, do skin weighting, and solvers for hair and cloth.
- A creative and strategic approach to solving existing issues and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- The desire to learn, explore and provide value in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Roblox is a platform where people come together virtually to share experiences.