Senior 2D Artist
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated creative Senior Artist to bring their skills to our hit mobile game, Disney Emoji Blitz. You’ll have the opportunity to work with an incredibly talented development team and world-class IPs from Disney, Pixar, and Star Wars! The Senior Artist is responsible for maintaining the quality of all aspects of our game visuals and upholding Disney Emoji brand guidelines. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of game development, from brainstorms and pre-production to content releases for live operations.
The ideal candidate will bring their deep experience in vector asset production, excellent communication skills, and prior experience in mobile game development to lead the future of Disney Emoji Blitz.
Open to fully remote candidates willing to work Pacific Timezone hours.
- Create vector art game assets up to the high standards set by the style of the product - characters, items, UI, animation and more!
- Create written and visual feedback (redlines, paint-overs) to guide the art team on quality and maintain the visual bar and style of Disney Emoji Blitz.
- Participate in visual critiques and brainstorms.
- Work with Producers to scope art for new features.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure consistency of art across multiple devices.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure accurate brand representation.
- Research industry standards and develop new techniques and workflows.
- Occasionally assist on decks and presentations.
- BA/BFA degree Illustration, Animation or Entertainment Arts or equivalent training or work experience.
- 3+ years of production experience on mobile games.
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator skills.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas well, providing feedback and discussing creative direction with a diplomatic approach.
- Experience navigating IP stakeholder feedback to achieve the best result for players.
- Tremendous artistic talent, firm understanding of traditional art principles.
- A firm grasp of visual design as it relates to game development.
- Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to solve creative problems.
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication.
- Passion for video games is a must!
- A portfolio of work is required.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with or affinity for Disney/Pixar.
- Previous experience with animation motion graphics, and particle effects.
- Git / Perforce or equivalent source control experience.
- Experience working in Unity.
- Experience working with outsourcers or external vendors.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $80,000 — $105,000 salary per year.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Mobile entertainment at the intersection of creativity, technology, and play. Follow @JamCityHQ on IG for more.