Senior Concept Artist
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone , Uncharted: Golden Abyss , and Syphon Filter , is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Concept Artist with a specialty in cinematic illustrations, who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of our next AAA game.
- Produce breathtaking key frame concepts and illustrations that drive the product vision through all phases of game development from pre-production to final product release. This entails creating mood pieces, illustrations, and supporting concepts for in-game assets - environments, characters, props, storyboards, color scripts etc., while upholding the integrity of the games design, and the product vision.
- Responsible for visual development of game worlds and locations, working with the Art Director and Creative Leadership on visual development and capture the narrative vision in form of cinematic pieces covering gameplay events and diegetic story moments.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to take direction, and accept critical review of your work.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Marketing and PR teams, to provide key materials, including but not limited to, key concept, print and web art and social media assets.
- Mastery of traditional art skills including, form language, color theory, environment sketching and design, figure drawing, technical drawing.
- Expert in the use of Photoshop/Painter as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of current, hands-on work, including concept art, production designs, storyboards and other visual images that demonstrate complex artistic goals in simple to follow visual images.
- Works independently and conscientiously with minimal supervision.
- 7+ years of experience in a production environment, film/tv/games.
- Strong understanding of general 3D and game art production techniques. Some understanding of 3D modeling software to create initial mockups or manipulate existing 3D files a plus.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$104,000 — $156,000 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Pushing the Boundaries of Play