Offworld Industries is looking for a seasoned Senior Animator to join our studio. This position is at our New Westminster Studio, located a short walk from the New West sky train station.
- Create high-quality full body and first person animations based on established artistic and gameplay direction.
- Integrating animations into the engine.
- Ability to push the animation style and advance the look and feel of the animation in the game in conjunction with the Lead Animator.
- Rigging more complex weapon props, vehicles and characters.
- Work in close collaboration with the Lead Animator to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations.
- Support with the triage of the team's animation bugs.
- Managing animation quality of final assets in-engine and ensuring they are game ready.
- Expert understanding of movement, pose and timing.
- Expert understanding of the nuances of first person viewport animation.
- Solid skillset to create the mech/props animation is a plus.
- Ability to create creature animation in various styles is a plus
- Ability to work from reference materials such as video recording or already established animation.
- Solid knowledge of rigging.
- Solid knowledge of the animation process in Maya or equivalent software.
- Understanding of the technical constraints in game development and ability to apply them when animating.
- Organized and clean workflow, compatible with a collaborative environment.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Assist the Lead Animator with taskings.
- Mentoring junior and intermediate level animators, improving their skill sets and helping them in their day to day tasks.
- Participate in the process of recruiting top talent for careers at Offworld Industries.
- End to end Game Development Experience. 2 or more shipped titles desirable.
- 5+ years animation experience within the games industry
This is a full-time permanent position.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and Offworld sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game, “Squad”.