2D Pixel Artist
We are looking for a talented and passionate 2D Pixel Artist to join our Realm of the Mad God game team. You will be working closely alongside our development and live operations teams to create pixel art for all aspects of the game, such as weapons, skins, environments, monsters, VFX, etc.
Realm of the Mad God is a unique permadeath MMORPG with a devoted fan base and a distinct art style. We are looking for someone to not only fulfill the creative vision for the game but also help evolve and drive it forward for years to come.
- Create 2D pixel art for characters, environments, and props for Realm of the Mad God.
- Work closely with the live operations and game design teams to execute the artistic vision and help them drive it forward.
- Create sprite animations.
- Design and iterate assets based on feedback from team members.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Experience in creating pixel art assets and animations.
- Strong experience in illustrations.
- Experience and proficiency working in 8-bit pixel art style.
- Proficiency with pixel art creation software e.g. Photoshop, Aseprite.
- Strong understanding of the art fundamentals and principles of animation.
- Pro-active ownership of tasks and timely delivery.
- Willingness to adapt and learn.
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required.
- Excellent English (written and verbal) communication skills.
- A portfolio that reflects pixel art experience - a similar level of qualification. (please attach the portfolio along with the CV)
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.
We are the best in the industry at live operations of free to play games