Unreal General Artist
Telescope animation is looking for a UNREAL GENERALIST ARTIST (MID / SENIOR) to join our team in Hamburg!
Telescope Animation seeks a Generalist CGI Artist with exceptional talent and experience to assume a key position in the studio.
The main responsibility of this role involves taking charge of being the bridge between the Assets creation process on DCC softwares and the Shading/lighting on Unreal Engine in one of our projects. It requires a keen eye for detail to ensure that the Look meets the art direction and mood specifications of the movie, while also complying with technical limitations.
Unreal General Artist responsibilities:
- Create and fine-tune direct lighting, reflections, shadows, and final compositing for each assigned shot.
- Submit work for review to the Head of Lighting/Compositing, Art Directors and/or VFX Supervisor.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards optimizing lighting and look development for the production.
- Provide assistance to other CGI departments such as Layout, Texturing and Shot Creation in Unreal, integrating assets, modifying DCC assets to align with the Unreal workflow.
- Reinforce the importance of deadlines and alert the Production Manager, CGI Supervisor, and Production Coordinators to any problem arising that could affect schedule.
- Fixing material inconsistencies that might affect shading quality.
- Collaboration with other Lighting Artists on the team to ensure consistent quality across the project.
Unreal General Artist Requirements:
- Must have EU citizenship or EU work permit.
- 3-5+ years experience in the Animation or Game industry as a Unreal artist.
- Living in Hamburg or willing to relocate to our studio location.
- Experience in LookDev or lighting rendering with Unreal Engine.
- Excellent knowledge in Unreal Engine and any DCC software like Maya or Blender.
- Solid communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work under tight target dates and Milestones.
- Willingness to share knowledge as well as a willingness to learn.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your application (a cover letter, CV, earliest start date, and portfolio or links to your work). Applications are welcome for as long as this job offer is online
Telescope Game Studios are a part of a trail-blazing studio group run by passionate storytellers. Utilizing cutting-edge real-time tech, we create interwoven story universes for global audiences. Our narratives span across animated films, series, games and immersive experiences with heart and soul.
Our two animation and game studios are powered by a proprietary process and Unreal Engine production pipeline and have been awarded with two MegaGrants by Epic Games, as well as an innovation grant by the European Union.
We stand for equality, diversity and inclusion – in our projects and our team. By integrating green workflows, a no-crunch policy and remote work capabilities, we provide a sustainable, inspiring environment for creators.
Telescope Game Studios are a part of a trail-blazing studio group run by passionate storytellers