Zynga is seeking a skilled Senior Animator to join a dynamic team for one of Zynga’s most established games, Harry Potter: Puzzles and Spells. We are looking for driven individuals who want to contribute to the growth and development of our product in a highly-collaborative environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work with talented contributors from different disciplines and bring a unique perspective to the table. Animator Applicants must have a strong understanding of animation principles and be able to use a range of techniques to drive high quality visuals with a limited toolset.
You will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you voice concerns, generate ideas for improvements, and stay on the cutting edge of animation technology and technique. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
Animator Main Responsibilities
- Produce high quality animation using animation principles for characters, environments, UI, VFX.
- Encouraging and generating creative ideas and solutions with the team.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, to deliver animation to required quality, specification and time.
- Proficient level of communication and emotional intelligence for cross discipline collaboration and problem solving.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of how animation supports gameplay and narrative with the ability to communicate these links to the team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in 3D animation software (e.g. Maya, Blender, Unity).
- Assist in the preparation of assets for animation using Photoshop.
- Prioritizing optimization when integrating animations within a game team’s game engine.
Desired Skills and Experience of the Animator
- All applicants must submit a Portfolio as an example of their work
- 5+ years of game development experience.
- Senior level animation skills (2D/3D, character, environment, UI, VFX)
- Senior level communication and problem solving skills.
- The ability to provide and receive feedback.
- Software experience in: Maya, Unity, Photoshop, Perforce, Git
- Technical experience modelling, skinning and rigging 2D/3D assets/characters.
- Knowledge of game development on multiple projects, enabling pragmatic, strategic judgements and providing creative ideas and solutions to the team.
- Proven experience delivering animations on ambitious timelines.
- Experience working on business level tasks, e.g. cross discipline pipeline development.
- Excellent showreel.
- A love of games!
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Connecting the world through games.