Expert Environment Artist
Infinity Ward is currently seeking an Expert Environment Artist for our studio in Barcelona, where we are hosted by Digital Legends Entertainment.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead by example through industry high level content.
- Craft believable photo real environment art that incorporates the needs of both high-level Art and Design direction as needed for a given space.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external counterparts to ensure your level both plays well and looks great.
- Pre-Production – Plan and prioritize tasks to ensure best possible results.
- Ownership - High level of creativity and independence; requires little oversight.
- Proactively helps to troubleshoot and fix problemed content.
- Expected to evaluate and help solve performance concerns.
- Mentorship and education of others as needed within the internal and external teams.
- Create documentation of processes for others to follow as needed.
- Industry expert in one or several fields of an environment creation pipeline.
- Extensive experience over multiple years of world building experience with an industry leading level editor. UE4, Unity, or proprietary editor.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Strong ability to give and take direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to arbitrate effectively when conflicting issues arise within their team and across the Art Department.
- Strong ability to balance and prioritize visual direction against realistic goals.
- Strong foundational Art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to crafting environments.
- Strong narrative and environmental story telling skills with regards to set dressing and world building.
- Strong understanding of modular workflows as it relates to architectural assembly and asset creation.
- Advanced knowledge of physically based material workflows and shaders.
- Advanced skill in their discipline software. Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop and similar software.
- Self-motivated, independent, and has proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
Connecting and engaging the world through epic entertainment.