Kluge Interactive is an XR studio building the future of human connection through immersive and enhanced experiences.
We are currently working on several other VR titles of our own as well as making VR games for some of the world's most influential companies in social VR, music, and technology.
Are you a master of world-building and environment idealizing, passionate about creating concepts and 3D art, and ready for the ultimate creative challenge?
We are looking for a Concept Artist with experience in VR to join our remarkable team in designing games for an existing VR social platform. You'll be responsible for designing the look and feel of many of our games, providing the team with creative illustrations and artwork, including environmental and object exploration, storyboards, mood sheets, paint overs, color/lighting compositions, character development, and scene development.
We're a passionate team of highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic people, diverse creative individuals from all over the world with distinct cultures, backgrounds, and skill sets. We're constantly striving for ultimate quality - both in our games and our company culture and values. Our studio's most cherished asset is our people; our job is to give you the creative freedom, tools, and support to become the best version of yourself!
You'll be supported by creative leadership and a team of multiple 3D artists. You will work closely with a cross-functional team that involves developers, game designers, sound designers, creative writers, and producers.
- A portfolio showcasing a proven track record of creating concept artwork for video games or related media
- 2-3 Years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience designing in 3D and working on different visual styles.
- Understanding of design principles, composition, color theory, and visual storytelling.
- Able to work with a cross-functional team and in a very collaborative atmosphere.
- Able to communicate clearly with other team members and deal with a wide range of disciplines.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- English written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Requirements of the Concept Artist
- Experience in Virtual Reality and Social Gaming.
- Experience in working with virtual worlds
- Experience in game creation (and a huge passion for games)
- Experience with tools like Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and Photoshop.
- Experience in Unity or Unreal.
Concept Artist Responsibilities
- You'll work closely with the Art Director to develop concept artwork that will define the games' overall look and feel inside a social VR platform.
- You'll develop unique concepts and designs, including environments, props, visual effects, logos, paint overs, characters, storyboards, mood paintings, color and lighting compositions.
- You'll create illustrations and sketches that can effectively communicate different ideas and approaches for the game's desired vision and serve as references for 3D artists and VFX artists.
- Alongside a team of talented artists, you will help bring to life high-quality and engaging gameplay while keeping in mind the constraints of the building environment, as part of your job will be to ensure that the concepts and designs are functional and feasible.
- Salary based on experience (full-time contract).
- Fully remote work and a lot of flexibility - you'll be able to work to your own style and schedule, within reason
- You'll work in a creative and positive working environment with a diverse team of highly experienced and enthusiastic people
- Your voice will be valued within the team! A good idea can come from anyone
We are an independent studio passionate about making quality games and invested in paving the way for the future of XR. If you share these passions, and believe you have the qualifications to do this job even if not everything fits, please do reach out to us!
Founded in 2008, Kluge is a VR/AR first creative technology studio developing its own portfolio of VR games as well as helping forward-thinking brands and companies build immersive VR/AR products and experiences.
Based in LA, Kluge has a growing team of globally distributed technology creatives, who are all working closely together to forge the future of VR and AR.
Founded on the principles of collaboration, scrappiness and creativity, Kluge is quick to recognize a compelling idea, whether it comes from one of our team members or our supportive community.
If you are looking to flex your creative muscles and want to join a company where you are given the freedom to make a difference, you will find a welcome home at Kluge.
What it’s like to work with Kluge
- You have a lot of freedom to work where and when you want. We are 100% remote, and fully decentralized, with team members across both coasts of the USA, as well as in different parts of Europe, Latin America and Australia
- You have a lot of flexibility to take the time off you need when you need it the most
- You’ll work with a very collaborative team, made up of artists, developers, and producers, working together with input from other disciplines and departments
- You have the ear and direct access to the founding team who is open to feedback and looking for you to continuously improve and grow along with Kluge
Kluge Interactive is the VR & AR game studio behind Synth Riders, a top-selling VR rhythm game.