Senior 2D Artist
We're developing a Metroidvania with a high mechanical skill ceiling and strong world/story background. We're looking for a talented Lead/Senior 2D Artist to help bring this world to life.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual who can help our game reach its artistic goals and help craft the artistic vision of our world and story. We are open to other styles, but we are currently aiming for a mixture of the following art styles:
- clear stylistic shape design found in Hollow Knight, Don’t Starve, or Super meat boy.
- stylistic anime style as found in Ender Lilies or Japanese animation.
Cumulative Deliverables (tentative):
- 30+ key characters
- 40+ bosses
- 80+ enemies
Project-based or hourly. $25-45+/hour (USD) based on skills and experience. Can accommodate higher hourly rates for highly skilled senior artists, but there is a yearly budget of $90,000.
Remote, contractor role. Full-time or part time.
- Interview w/ Portfolio Review
- Art test (paid) if needed
- Strong digital 2D illustration skills with emphasis on storytelling
- Strong abilities in art technicals such as form, shapes, and colors
- Prior experience in game art production and pipelines
- Experienced with character illustration and/or environment illustration
- Strong communication skills and receptivity to feedback.
- Experience with 2D game sprites and 2D animations
- Experience crafting an artistic world vision from prompts
- Prior experience shipping commercial games
- Preferred English verbal and/or writing, but (日本語, 한국어, 中文 OK)
If interested, please send us an email with your portfolio and resume - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tabi Entertainment’s mission is to craft beautiful narrative-driven, challenging games. We are a self funded indie company based in the United States. Our team is small but growing.
Tabi Entertainment’s mission is to craft beautiful narrative-driven, challenging games