Role: Character Artist
Location: Liverpool or Remote (UK)
We're looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to join our development team, working alongside Rare. You will be creating interesting, diverse characters and character assets and implement established benchmarks & workflows for in-game character models. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious artist to further their career at one of the UK’s largest independent games studios working on world class games and cutting edge technology.
You have the skill and attention to detail to capture a character’s history, style and personality in your sculpts. You know what it takes to create vivid characters that still meet the needs of game design and animation. You can sculpt from reference materials, blueprints, concept art and photo-bash material. You can analyse and implement diverse level of stylisation into your work.
You will work closely with our Art Director, Designers, Tech Artists and Animators to set visual and technical benchmarks for in-game characters. You’ll be actively involved with outsource specifications for characters and outfits and maintain a high quality standard.
- A high level of proficiency at sculpting, modelling, UV layout and texturing of characters
- Experience working with technologies such as ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop and Painter
- Experience in creating clean topology for character surface deformation
- Documentation skills and the ability to communicate your processes to others
- An understanding of how human characters express themselves through their physicality, clothing, expression and personal style
- Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
- Experience with Maya and LOD / retopologising process.
- Understanding of the compromises and constraints inherent in the production of ingame art
- Experience in Substance Painter or similar tools for creating ingame PBR materials
- Expertise working on and developing in engine shaders
- Experience in Unreal 4 Editor
- An understanding of historical and contemporary fashion and style
- A keen interest for Stylised character art.
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Independent game developer for Console and PC, based in Liverpoo