3D Environment Artist
As a 3D Environment Artist, you’ll be creating memorable environments for our games. We believe strongly in creating exceptional environments that are believable with interesting backstories. We want our players to feel like they truly see themselves in these locations. At the same time, you will need to know how to adhere to gameplay constraints without sacrificing the look and feel of the visuals. You will be working closely with our Art Director and Gameplay Director on a mission to create unforgettable moments through the environments.
- Takes assets through the full modeling/texturing production pipeline
- Sculpts, high poly & low poly efficiently
- Creates Stylized and Hard-Surface assets with or without concept art
- Able to optimize textures and geometry for mobile devices
- Creates modular kits and any other systems that create efficiencies
- Create materials and textures in Substance Painter
- Set dresses with modular assets in-editor within scope of the project's metrics and rules.
- Use in house editor to do lighting for various types of environments
- Maintains performance requirements for levels (memory, framerate, draw calls, instances)
- Scopes projects for on-time milestone delivery
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
What you bring to the adventuring party:
- Between 1-5 years of experience as a 3D Environment Artist
- Proficiency using Maya (or equivalent), Zbrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in hard surface polygon modeling
- Great eye for light, value, color, and detail
- Grasp of form, and silhouette in regards to modeling, sculpting organic and inorganic structures
- Experience working on game with an isometric camera angle
- Has experience working in a proprietary engine and/or middleware solution
- Familiar with Unity or applicable game engines
You will need to send us:
- Your resume
- A kick-ass portfolio
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $60,000 - 120,000 USD. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Super Evil Megacorp
Creator of beautiful, immersive cross-platform gaming experiences. Makers of Vainglory and upcoming Catalyst Black.