Environment Artist - World Builder (Remote - Europe/UK)
That’s No Moon is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. A remote-friendly studio with a central office and performance capture stage located in Los Angeles, That’s No Moon is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking an Environment Artist with a drive for bringing realistic natural worlds to life through environmental storytelling and shape language , and an eye for artistic and game compositions. Through tight-knit collaboration with our team, you will contribute to the definition, creation and final execution of all aspects of modeling and world building for in-game and cinematic AAA content. With your help we will push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Build polished cinematic and in-game environments and assure the highest quality and efficiency using industry standard 3D modeling packages and Unreal
- Work closely with Material Artists and Level Designers, crafting compelling spaces from rough layout through set dressing
- Collaborate with all facets of art, game design and tech art to develop and improve the environment pipelines from prop creation and scan acquisition to final in-game polish and optimization
Requirements & Skills:
- Understanding of environment modeling and world building techniques
- Modeling skills in any of the following packages: Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, and ZBrush
- (Bonus) Unreal Engine, Houdini, and Substance Painter experience
- (Bonus) Experience or interest in assembling or using scan libraries
- (Bonus) Experience with crafting or modifying foliage
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Phenomenal teammate invested in the success and development of outstanding environments.
- Able to communicate effectively, give feedback and direction as well as adapt to creative and art direction.
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time or temporary employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $81,000 - $108,000
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
That's No Moon
A new independent AAA development studio founded by award-winning game makers and storytellers