3D Animator - MARVEL World of Heroes
Niantic Labs, creators of Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom and NBA All-World is seeking a versatile 3D animator to create a broad range of compelling performances for a variety of MARVEL Heroes and Villains. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals. In this role, you will be working on MARVEL World of Heroes, a new and exciting game that will merge the virtual with the real world, encouraging players to explore the world and fight crime together.
- Work closely with the Lead Animator, Art Director and cross functional teams such as engineering and design, to create fun and compelling combat and cinematic sequences.
- Liaise with the Design and Production teams to plan, prioritize and complete animation tasks.
- Integrate approved animation sequences into Unity.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to the production team in a timely fashion.
- Partner with the technical art and programming teams to help establish, iterate, and refine the animation tools, pipeline and systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent skills.
- Proficient with Maya.
- 3-5+ years industry or related experience.
- A demo reel that exhibits a good range of character performances as well as an expert knowledge of classical animation principles such as staging, timing and weight.
- Experience having published 2 or more games.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have experience on AAA console games or high profile mobile titles.
- Experience with producing animations for combat and melee style sequences.
- You have experience using the Unity game engine.
- Knowledge of scripting in Maya and Python.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $105,000 - $123,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality