Concept Artist ll
Visual storytelling is the key task of the Concept Artist. They imagine characters and worlds off the page and bring the story to life.
The role of the Concept Artist is crucial as their work will be the stylistic building blocks for the FC project. A concept artist interprets a client's design brief or expands your original idea by illustrating the key characters and environments of work. This preliminary artwork is simple but expressive as it will be developed and expanded further during the development process.
-Collaborate with the producer or art directors regarding the brief for the project
-Research concept subjects, styles & genres
-Create detailed designs from a written brief
-Present a series of drafts of the concepts for approval
-Creating storyboards based on the provided script, identifying the camera angles and movements.
-Efficiently interpret briefs
-Collaborate with the Art Directors and design team
-Use traditional & technological approaches to creating designs in either a 2D or 3D environment
-Assist in the creation of marketing materials and assets
- Strong drawing skills, with a specialisation in concept design
- Knowledge of anatomy and zoology, costuming, physical settings and history-related references
- Solid awareness of facial expression, pose, posture, gesture and movement
- Ability to draw from written briefs
- Understanding of visual language - texture, colour, dimension, scale, perspective, shade, composition, depth of field, proportion, spatial awareness
- Skilled in technical drawing
- Knowledge of the game development processes
Electronic Arts (EA)
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay