Age of Learning is seeking a 3D Animator for its “My Math Academy” Team. The ideal candidate is an even-keel, hands-on Maya 3D Animator with a strong understanding of animation concepts within a game production. This person should be an expert in animation fundamentals, game production knowledge, and time budget management. The 3D Animator is responsible for the delivery of expertly crafted animation that will delight and enlighten children around the world.
Along with Animation, the 3D Animator will be involved in other technical task such as rigging, skinning, exporting of mobile-ready assets and Unity implementation work. The ideal candidate is an experienced animator with a broad understanding of proficiency creating 3D/2.5D Animation in Maya, a competent rigger who can set up simple and efficient rigs that work properly in Unity, and a no-boundaries creative thinker/storyteller who’s willing to push the limits of animation. The 3D Animator will report to the Animation Director and work closely with other discipline specialist on optimized animation assets for in-engine use.
- Create appealing gameplay and cinematic animations for character, prop, and environment sequences.
- Work with our proprietary tools to implement Game assets in Unity.
- Work with production to create and maintain an efficient animation pipeline
- Capable of addressing feedback from stakeholders on the game's vision
- Assist with brainstorming through the use of previs, animatic, and storyboard work
- Communicate effectively in cross-functional development teams and present ideas effectively both verbally and visually.
- Continually push to refine our existing I.P.
- Produces well under pressure, work in short timeframes, manage time and schedules efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality
- A strong reel showcasing stylized keyframed animations for games
- 3-5+ years of experience as a 3D animator using Maya with a thorough understanding of animation fundamentals and creative/technical solutions
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Animation, related degree, or relevant real-world experience
- Thorough understanding of how to set up rigs and animation for the game engines.
- Understanding of an interactive animation pipeline, including artwork optimization and Unity integration
- Strong sense of polishing key-framed animation from blocking to final pass phases
- Understanding of facial animation and the role it plays in enhancing performance
- Ability to work with game design documents to create conceptual animations of mechanics for games
- Experience animating in 2.5D
- Experience working with Unity’s Animation tools is HIGHLY desired
- Advance Rigging is desired but not required
- Ability to draw or storyboard
- Knowledge of Basic 3D Modeling/Texturing
- Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment
- Knowledge of additional software (ex: AE, final cut, etc.)
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% of employee health and welfare benefits premiums & 65% of dependent benefits premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days (increases to 20 days on your 3-year anniversary), 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
Age of Learning
Edtech leader helping all children build a strong academic foundation with ABCmouse, Adventure Academy & My Math Academy