As a Concept Artist at Ubisoft Annecy, you will be working together with the team to create a new world. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
Your missions will be :
- Understanding and following the art direction of the game and the concept guidelines, in order to make that shine through in memorable concepts
- Producing sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions
- Effectively communicating visual intentions within the World team
- Making any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Convey the color palettes sought by the artistic direction by using them in the concepts.
- Accounting for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
You have already work for several AA or AAA video game production as a Concept Artist, ideally on a stylised game title.
- Drawing skills / 2D concepts (3D is a plus)
- Proficiency in Adobe® Photoshop®;
- Experience creating hard surface drawings with strong feature lines
- Knowledge of image composition
- Strong ability to interpret other people's ideas;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to provide and accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Professional written and spoken English;
- Passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
- Knowledge of 3D software is a plus (3DSMax, Z-Brush)
Please share your portfolio with us
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Due to the summer period, our application processing time is longer than usual. We will be able to give you feedback on your profile at the beginning of September. Thank you again for your interest in the position and your understanding.
Your application has been successfully submitted.