Do you want to partner with other great developers to make amazing games and bring ideas to life? Are you a proven collaborator with experience in Concept art on previous published titles for PC or console? Are you high energy, enthusiastic and self-motivated? If all this sounds like you, read on – AntiMatter Games may be for you!
This is a permanent role based onsite in our Cornwall Studio (working 2 days a week from home optionally)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating designs from reference, narrative documents, and your own ideas
- Collecting references based on narration and requests
- Coordinate concept related tasks in game and cinematic
- Create key artworks for environments, lighting and vfx concepts
- Work alongside our current concept artist to support and guide the team in their designs.
- Work with Art Leads and Directors to develop unique environments
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of composition, proportions, architecture, and lighting
- Demonstratable experience of creating artwork with a wide variety of styles but with a focus on realism.
- Ability to think out of the box and be able to give and take constructive feedback
- Adaptive when refining styles, as the project develops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of video game creative pipelines
- Knowledge of 3D workflows for concept art
- A clear understanding of your own desires to grow and areas where you need to.
- Strong positive communicator
- Experience with UE4 or similar engine
- Experience with Zbrush
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
UK Employees will receive Private Health Insurance, a BUPA Cash Plan and subscription to PerkBox, which includes hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts on its platform.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
This is an onsite role with two work from home days each week optionally.
We accept non UK applicants and there are sponsorship options available for this role
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.p df
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An award-winning studio focused on creating critically acclaimed, first-person shooters.