Senior Concept Artist
We're looking for a Senior Concept Artist to in the creation and realisation of the game vision on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This is an ambitious, AAA project with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Design environments, props, production callouts, system interacts, high vision concept art, colour scripts, marketing material and other visual guides and tasks as needed to assist the development team.
- Research and collect visual materials to pertinent subject matter to your task.
- Show initiative in set tasks and engage in collaborative positive and energetic team culture with peer review.
- Solve complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members.
- Actively improve your skills and maintain an awareness of industry techniques, tools, evaluate competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Work closely with the Lead Concept Artist and Art Director to develop and deliver the highest standard of art assets and processes. Serve as an artistic resource for overall product.
- Proven experience as a Senior Concept Artist on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Strong command of foundation art skills and visual design principles
- An understanding of architecture, environments and anatomy (drawing, painting and rendering, material indication, perspective, composition, colour theory, design, anatomy and 2d and 3d design techniques)
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop with an emphasis on drawing, painting and image making. Ability to block out ideas in 3D as well as 2D depending on the needs of the task.
- Familiarity with video game product development and the fundamentals of 3D packages.
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, attend meetings within feature teams, and communicate the direction and requirements back to the concept team.
- Strong ideation, brainstorming and documentation skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing well according to schedules, objectives, and overall project goals.
Additional or desired skills
- A portfolio that shows versatility in design and process
- Experience working on a AAA title
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to a culture of inclusion and mutual respect for all employees from every walk of life, reflecting the community we make games for. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Your application has been successfully submitted.