Zeitland is a development studio for apps and games based in Ludwigsburg. It was founded in 2010 and combines many years of experience in the fields of app and game development, programming, UI/UX design, and conception.
As a hybrid studio, Zeitland works on a wide variety of projects - in video games, the focus is on the fun factor, quality, and user-friendliness, from casual games to complex, tactical role-playing games and simulations. We like to work closely together in a compact, international core team and expand with external specialists on a project basis.
Our own I.P. games focus on Sci-Fi/Fantasy Tactical games and the Mystery genre with puzzle and narrative elements.
THE KIND OF STUFF YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Creating screen designs and UI art for games and apps, logos and icon sets, style guides
- Plan and establish UX flows and create interactive click dummies
- Creating 2D character illustrations and animations
- Exporting, implementing, and managing graphical assets
- Work on Unity & HTML5 games (from hardcore sci-fi to casual games) for PC, mobile, web, and console
- Work on client projects and own studio IPs, including sci-fi, fantasy, adventure, and mystery for young and adult target groups, from simple to complex productions
- Hybrid work: part in the office and the rest from the comfort of your own home
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure game worlds are created that balance quality, time, and performance
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suit and good UI design skills
- Experience creating animation and videos with Adobe After Effects
- 3 years of games industry experience with at least one title shipped from concept to release
- Experience with the Unity Editor and creating interface and 2D shaders
- Experience with character animation using Spine
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of 2D art creation and organization of 2D assets
- Additional experience or knowledge of VFX and/or Animation tooling as a bonus
- Great 2D Illustration/animation experience is a big plus for the position
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Like to be directly involved in the development, find pragmatic solutions to complex problems, and work closely with developers, designers, and external artists
- Very good empathy with target audiences and clients, with a desire to achieve the best possible gameplay experience within production constraints
- Passion to design a wide variety of games, from children's games to complex tactics and role-playing games
- Excellent communication skills to create a shared and clearly understood artistic direction for our game's vision
- You are reliable, take constructive feedback and criticism positively, and motivate yourself and your team to keep improving
- Open-mindedness to work on new topics and technologies, e.g. blockchain and NFT
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English
- Willingness to relocate to the Stuttgart, Germany area (start-up phase remote possible)
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Varied work for renowned clients and exciting start-ups from a wide range of industries to the creation of our studio's own game ideas & IPs
- Flexible working hours outside of core hours, a mix of office and home office, free coffee, and drinks
- A friendly, interdisciplinary team with flat hierarchies
- Off-site events, e.g. research trips, conferences with friendly development studios, and joint game nights
- Regular exchange with like-minded people and other teams: We are part of the remote control family, an association of independent development studios and members of the game - Verband der Deutschen Games-Branche association, as well as the Animation Media Cluster Region Stuttgart.
- Free training material
- Support in setting up a home office
- High quality of life with an office right in the heart of Ludwigsburg, with restaurants, castles, and parks within walking distance
Sounds like you?
Then send us your application with your CV, work examples, and salary expectations.
To find out more about Zeitland go to our website: www.zeitland.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Zeitland media & games
Zeitland is a media & games studio from Ludwigsburg which specializes in the development of games and app