Character Artist - Hell Let Loose
Character Artist - Hell Let Loose
We are building an ambitious and exciting new stand-alone, independent studio dedicated to the further development and on-going support of Hell Let Loose.
Hell Let Loose is a realistic, captivating, cooperative FPS game set in the throes of WWII available on PC, Xbox X|S, and PlayStation 5. With over 6 million players already, this is just the start for us…
- Experience of creating vibrant and detailed characters
- Using a solid understanding of form, anatomy, and colour to create accurate characters
- Ability to digest constructive feedback in review sessions and help build a positive team experience
- Well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimised and textured game-ready content
- Collaborate across disciplines to ensure your characters meet the needs of the project
- Contribute towards a technically sound art pipeline and ensure your assets meet the criteria for the games production
- Document art processes and establish a good working practice
- Playtest the game with the team to see how the characters are being implemented and to give general feedback on the game
- Collaborate and communicate daily with Leads
What You'll Need
- Excellent skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop or similar
- Strong understanding of anatomy
- Ability to create realistic clothing sculpts which show weight and form
- A good understanding of current-generation game engines (e.g. UE4/UE5 or similar)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Well organised on your own working routines
- Traditional art skills are a plus, such as life drawing, illustration, sculpting, etc.
- At least 1 years’ industry experience
- Experience shipping a AAA title is a plus
What's In It For You?
- Annual Bonus, pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme and £1000 of free shares for all existing and new colleagues!
- Dedicated learning time - In addition to organised learning and conferences, you will have 6 days per year for self-directed learning.
- BUPA private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and BUPA Dental
- Work Anywhere! From home, via one of our 3 offices or a combination of the two.
- Game Console loans of up to £500, Game Keys, free use of arcade games, pool tables, Gaming competitions. Oh and look out for a range of treats sent to your home throughout the year celebrating Life at Team 17 and our successes!
The Interview Process
The interview process for the Character Artist role is made up of 3 stages:
- Stage 1 (15 minutes) – A quick chat with one of the TA team to run over brief experience and an overview of the role, along with answering any initial questions you have.
- Stage 2 (60 minutes) – A technical interview to understand more specifics around your experience in relation to the role.
- Stage 3 (45 minutes) – A final meeting with another senior member of the team to run over your future aspirations along with answering any questions you may have about the role or company.
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in! Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. We can provide suitable adjustments for during our recruitment processes from audio support to extra time on assessments. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Team17, please let us know in the notes section of your application and be reassured that this will not affect your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.