Lead 3D Artist
FireflyVR is seeking a lead 3D artist to help establish an art pipeline and create 3D assets for a Unity-engine based VR product with strong future growth potential.
We build virtual reality experiences to expand accessibility and improve efficacy of mental health treatments through innovation. Our cornerstone product, The Sanctuary, is built atop a flexible and modular foundation that can be expanded to address a vast array of mental health topics. As the product moves from beta to commercialization, the initial role of the artist will be to solidify and establish the artistic style and creation pipeline while creating environmental and prop assets.
- Create 3D environmental and interactive art assets for use in virtual reality.
- Define and evolve the artistic direction with high production standards in line with the creative vision in direct collaboration with creative, technical, and production leaders.
- Establish an art pipeline that streamlines art production as future needs increase.
- Write documentation to communicate art style and technical requirements.
- Clearly communicate goals and expectations regarding the development, execution, and quality of art assets to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the development team to implement art assets.
- Use industry standard and proprietary tools to create content.
- Knowledge and experience with the 3D art creation process with an understanding of technology requirements, trade-offs, and challenges associated with a real-time rendered experience in VR.
- Proficiency in industry standard art tools such as Photoshop, Blender, Maya, etc
- Portfolio demonstrating experience generating art assets for use in 3D games/experiences (ideally VR).
- Technical understanding of the Unity or other standard game engine.
- Experience with technical effects and particle systems.
- Experience with shaders (or willingness to learn).
- Knowledge of tools to build natural environments.
- Expertise with other artistic skill-sets such as VFX, UI, video editing, concepting, etc will be strongly considered.
This position is work-from-home with a daily scheduled virtual stand-up meeting and agreed upon core hours to be available for collaboration, but is otherwise self-led. This is a work-for-hire position, with a starting rate of $45-55/hr. To start, a mutually established milestone-based WFH contract will be established with an estimated 5-6 months of full or near full time work. Our friendly company culture is driven by collaboration and desire to make a positive impact through technology. It is important to the company culture that overtime is limited and not generally expected.
FireflyVR is a startup in the early fund-raising stage, well-positioned for growth in 2023 as we develop strong partners and clients in digital therapeutics. This position has vast room for growth as FireflyVR enters its next phase of fund-raising.
Please contact us at email@example.com for inquiries or applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.