2D Game Animator
This Boca Raton, FL studio and creator of some of the leading iGames in the world including a recent EGR Game of the Year finalist is hiring a Mobile Game Animator.
The animator (technical designer) takes input from the creative design illustration team, animates and delivers to development, working closely with both communities to build efficient animations to work inside mobile games.
You will be responsible for creating:
- Various Game mockups
- Particles / Animations / Visual FXs for the game
- Assisting creatives in drawing game elements.
- Building out optimized game ready assets from concepts
- Working closely with developers ensuring concepts are achievable.
As a Technical Designer you will assist with project scheduling providing accurate time estimations for the expected work. As the bridge between illustration and development you will often be tasked with working on multiple projects across multiple teams. This requires you to have quick turnaround times and strong problem-solving skills as to not become overwhelmed.
Required Skills :
- Highly proficient at Adobe After Effects
- Experienced in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Spine or rigging experience
- Optimizing Files for Production
- 2D art production
- Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design / Game Art & Design / Game Development
- Years of work experience commensurate with job level - roughly Junior 0-2 yrs, Mid 3-10 yrs, Snr 5+ yrs
- Work experience in Gaming, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Publishing or Animation field.
- High degree of experience and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite.
- HTML knowledge nice to have.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to learn new programs/processes quickly
- Ability to take input and make changes in a timely manner
- All benefits begin and are vested immediately.
- Zero deductible health care coverage
- 30 days sick time
- 17 days vacation, 5 days off paid Christmas to New Year's and Federal holidays
- 4% 401k match
- Eligible for 25% bonus paid quarterly based personal and game team performance
- This role is based is in Boca Raton, FL
- It is in-office 5 days per week
- Relocation expenses are paid
All applications must be accompanied by portfolio images or website portfolio link. Applicants should expect to take a basic skills test as part of the interview process.
About the company:
Join a team that values people and loves gaming. No TPS reports, guaranteed!
This award winning four studio software engineering company is quickly becoming known as a leading creative developer of online mobile casino games. With no legacy or corporate entity to serve, this company is embracing leading technologies to deliver new and innovative experiences. Their customers are shifting work from other studios to them as their games are achieving faster market penetration, higher user satisfaction and superior quality. They recruit for attitude and aptitude. They believe the right people will employ their passion for gaming to create great product with minimal supervision/overhead which is the inspiration behind their small distributed studio approach to growth. You owe it to yourself to see this amazing alternative to corporate and indie game development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The talent engine for North America's leading mobile gaming studios