For our awesome Total War art team at the Sofia (Bulgaria) based studio, we are looking for a talented Concept Artist to work in-house and help us with our upcoming projects.
To excel in this role, you will have exceptional skills both in drawing and painting that serve the demands of different art tasks, you will be flexible in refining your art style understanding the modern game art trends and have strong design skills and great imagination.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio (attached or as a link) and applications without such will not be considered.
As a Concept Artist on the project, you will work with the team to develop and shape an immersive experience for our players to enjoy! You will be an avid researcher, and a collector of ideas and demonstrate the ability to quickly iterate and adapt your visual designs where necessary. The goal is to provide inspirational imagery which works for both design and production art while satisfying the game vision and art direction.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Produce concepts and final illustrations that will be used prominently throughout the game and in Brand media
- Work closely with the Project Art Director, Concept Art team and Lead 3D Artists to design and illustrate characters and/or architecture that not only look excellent but will also work well as 3D models in our game engine.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent artistic skills
- Strong sketching skills and demonstrable design iteration
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with all development disciplines
- A portfolio of character and/or environment concepts and illustrations
- A team player with good communication skills and a positive outlook
- Familiar with previous Total War games
- Knowledge of the 3D modelling software and pipelines
- Experience and passion for working in games
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within the country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria and Canada