Lead 2D Artist
We’re looking for a talented Lead 2D Artist to join our Zeptoteam!
You are a passionate 2D Artist and you want to create fun casual games that will entertain millions of players?
You live and breathe video games, you love to draw, animate, learn and iterate quickly?
You want to see your creations on top of the world charts?
You want to have an impact in a fast moving company, and see your ideas come to life?
Then this job is for you!
As a member of our art team, your job will involve creating all game art, from UI to props, characters, environment and VFX, striving to achieve the highest possible quality for our games. You will work closely within dedicated teams during game development and contribute to the company's R&D projects, iterating quickly on design ideas and shaping up fresh experiences for our players around the world. At Zeptolab we believe that small high performance teams can do giant games and that every team member can have a huge impact.
Lead Artist will be based in our Barcelona office or remote.
- Leading the art team of the assigned project, supporting existing style and proposing improvements;
- Creating and implementing all the visual aspects of the game from start to finish: art style, characters, environments, props, UI, FX,...;
- Working hand in hand with your teammates and mentoring more junior team members;
- Within our team of talented artists, we expect you to continuously learn and improve your skills.
What we expect from you:
- A high-quality portfolio showing stylised/cartoony works and a good sense of color;
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in the game industry;
- Game development experience using Unity;
- Experience in leading art function in a project;
- Experience in mentoring more junior team members;
- Experience in leading art production in a multidisciplinary team;
- Desire to work in a casual setting and mobile game development;
- The ability to produce creative designs for characters, props, backgrounds, and UI elements;
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop and Animate;
- Intermediate/advanced animation skills;
- Interest in market trends and innovative visual styles;
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Open and willing to learn mindset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- English proficiency.
These are ideal but not all required as we know some people (e.g women ) are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture at ZeptoLab.
These would be considered a plus:
- Experience animating with Unity/After Effects/Spine;
- Good knowledge of Illustrator;
- Experience with 3D;
- Art or game related education.
Why join us:
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Diversity and inclusion are important to us. ZeptoLab is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability;
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, travel, fitness, mobile payments, payment of tourist trips and a lot of additional services).
Your application has been successfully submitted.