Senior 3D Environment Artist
Drinkbox Studios is looking to hire an experienced 3D Environment Artist for an upcoming undisclosed project. For this role we need someone with strong modelling skills that can problem solve translating concept art sketches into volumetric props, architecture and environments. We're crafting a stylized world, so we're looking for someone who is versatile and creative.
3D Environment Artist Responsibilities
Drinkbox Studios is a collaborative environment. We’re seeking someone with great communication skills and a flexible problem-solving mind. Responsibilities will include:
- Defining a unique look for the environments alongside the Art Director
- Creation of environment art (modelling, texturing, lighting) including props, buildings, etc.
- Ability to quickly prototype
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with Production, Design, and Art teams
The Ideal 3D Environment Artist Candidate is
- A professional with 3D modelling experience
- Proficient in Blender, Maya or equivalent
- Willing to think technically, learn new tools, and solve creative problems
- Experienced with integrating art into game engines and using 3D art pipelines
- Able to create high-quality stylized in-game art assets
- Passionate about video games and video game art
- Self sufficient when it comes to problem solving, time management, and task management
- Capable of setting mood and doing environmental storytelling
- Experienced with lighting environments
- Experienced with animation or VFX is a plus
2 month initial contract with possibility of extension
Drinkbox Studios is located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of Toronto, Canada. Working remotely is possible, however residence in Ontario, Canada is preferable.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send us an email with an up-to-date resume and portfolio.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drinkbox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer