2D Tech Artist / Animator
We are looking for a skilled 2D Technical Artist and Animator to help us bring to life the sequel to our life-sim game, Cozy Grove! Ideally someone who has thoughtful opinions about the life-sim genre and a body of work that showcases advanced technical skills, VFX, and animation with stylized and cozy aesthetics.
Creating stylized 2D VFX in Unity, working alongside art and design to adhere to stylistic guidance and hit design goals, proactively soliciting and incorporating feedback from both departments
- Ability to create highly polished rigs and dozens of expressive animations for 2D puppets
- Collaborating with engineering and ensuring work meets performance goals
- Work with producers to track tasks, help scope future work, and balance your workload
- Communicating decisions and tradeoffs to the rest of the team
- Implementing art in Unity and following file organization conventions while creating assets
- Assist with improving and updating the asset production pipeline and maintaining documentation
- A portfolio demonstrating strong technical art skills in Unity on 2D games
- Examples of stylized VFX and animation
- Proficient in Unity, Photoshop, and Spine rigging and animation
- Experience working with and/or improving art production pipelines
Desirable Additional Skills
- Familiarity with node based shaders in Unity (Amplify Shader Editor, Shader Graph, or equivalent) to be used in vfx or materials
- Proficiencies with cute, cozy, and stylized isometric illustration
- Experience leading or training artists in related processes
If you are not already, we recommend you familiarize yourself with:
- Google Drive
- Github and\or a Git client such as Fork, Sourcetree, or other version control software
What are we offering?
- 40 hours a week: we treat crunch like the result of serious mistakes that we’ve made, not a natural and inevitable part of the development process.
- Interesting, original work as part of a small, supportive, and friendly team full of thoughtful people who care about each other and care about our impact on our players’ lives.
- Work from home – no commute!
- Great benefits (we’re part of Netflix now – big company benefits are pretty nice.)
- The opportunity to work on a game unlike anything that has ever been made before, with, among other things, meaningful goals to improve people’s lives and reduce toxicity and loneliness in the world. We take this very seriously.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
e delight in making original games that bring happiness to the world. Makers of Triple Town, Alphabear, Steambirds, Bushido Bear & Beartopia, among ot...