Freelance Visual Effects Artist
Riftweaver is hiring a Freelance Visual Effects Artist, and you might be just the person we’re looking for!
As the Freelance VFX Artist, you’ll be responsible for creating a series of animated 2D environments, as well as a wide arsenal of combat VFX, for Fablecraft: a digital, turned-based tabletop roleplaying game. You’ll be working closely alongside a small team of Senior Unity Developers, helping us towards our Closed Beta launch on Steam this summer. As a member of Riftweaver’s front-end development team, you’ll report directly to the CEO. Come and join a group of talented, passionate, creative people at a very exciting time in our Studio’s journey!
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate has strong technical chops and an eye for detail. We’re looking for someone with a passion for storytelling through VFX, who can bring depth and movement to a flat image and help the sparks fly in combat! For this freelance role, we’re looking for proactive self-starters who can jump on to our detailed art briefs and hit the ground running to bring static assets to life.
It’s our priority to build a diverse full-time and freelance team. We welcome applications from candidates who identify as being part of minority or underrepresented groups of any kind. The more diversity we have within our team, the better we will be.
Experience / Requirements
- 3+ years of real-time VFX or technical artwork experience
- Proficient in shader creation – shader graph or shader code
- Extensive knowledge of Unity, VFX Graph, and particle systems
- Extensive experience collaborating with Unity developers and concept artists
- Experience in C#
- Experience in optimizing for iOS and Android
- Experience in basic 3D modeling and texturing
- Experience in basic 2D concept art and storyboarding
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Create immersive animated landscapes from layered 2D artwork
- Create visceral, exciting, and fun combat VFX
- Work closely with a small dedicated team of developers, artists, and game designers to deliver on Fablecraft’s promise of being an intuitive digital roleplaying game!
About The Freelance Position
We’re looking for a couple of freelancers to help us bring Fablecraft to life! We have a wide range of complete static assets ready to be animated. Each asset will have a detailed art brief outlining animation direction and gameplay considerations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re an independent game studio on a mission to make TTRPGs more accessible to all.