Psyonix Epic Games seeks a UI Artist is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character, and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
You will be at the helm of our player-facing user experience, working with artists, designers, and engineers to create the most streamlined and effective journeys for our players. Using anything from sketches to animations, communicate your vision of how to solve problems presented to you and your team.
Working collaboratively will be the best way to successfully craft your solutions... or even to discover different problems.
In this role, you will
- Design buttons, animations, visuals, content, and things that help create a balanced, cohesive user experience for our player base
- Work with UX designers, game designers, and engineers to bring features to their polished potential
- Use whatever tools that are needed to communicate the visual fidelity of a feature or screen and help give the engineers all the support they need to bring that vision to life
- Create content for seasons including banners and avatar borders
- Research & competitive analysis - Play games to keep up with the latest trends
What we're looking for
- Strong experience in the game industry or experience working with interactive products as a UI artist
- Expert knowledge of the latest tools and capabilities of those tools - Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Figma, etc.
- Experience with exporting and creating assets needed for implementation in Unreal Motion Graphics
- Proven ability to create art for UI screens for a shipped AAA game title
- Proven track record of creating art with a particular focus on clarity and usability
- Can give responsibly accurate estimations of work length or can work with production to produce estimations
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology