SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
SkyBox Labs is excited to be adding a Senior Environment Artist to our Pitch team. This Environment Artist will be the first of its discipline on our growing team and will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the art in this game. Joining the team in the early phases of development, you will be a pivotal part of the creations and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond.
You will collaborate with designers and the creative team to develop high-quality assets and world layouts, and deliver new content. The ideal candidate for this role values communication and high collaboration. You know what goes into making a high-quality game - and you're ready to create new art content, polish, and fix art bugs.
A snapshot of your role:
- Work with existing in-game and in-library assets and create new high quality 3D environment assets
- Work with artists and designers to create an immersive and compelling world and environment
- Collaborate with designers to improve world layouts
- Optimize assets to ensure performance goals are met
- Take part in portfolio reviews and help hire for the Art team
- Provide mentorship to team members as the team grows
- Recommend new techniques, tools and workflows to improve quality and efficiency
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- At least 5 years’ + experience in game development as a Senior Artist creating high quality environment assets for games
- Experience working on AAA titles and PC/console games is a preferred
- Experience working on world layouts, hard surfaces and props
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush. 3Ds Max is a plus.
- Optimization experience
- Solid technical skills with knowledge of game engines and how to export assets
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership experience, with ability to receive and deliver effective feedback
A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant art skills is required in order to be considered for this position
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Infinite (co-developer) | projects in the Minecraft universe | MTG Arena (supporting development) | Stela (creator)