We’re looking for a Concept Artist with a well rounded skillset to realise the vision for a new title.
We’re looking for someone to work closely with our Art Directors and our larger team in the visual development of our games, producing creative and visually inspiring concept art to help our teams bring your artistic vision to life in their designs.
Strong drawing and communication skills are essential for this exciting role, in which you will be working directly with game designers, artists, and writers to develop high quality designs.
- Visual development skills; the ability to communicate ideas through thumbnail sketches and full-colour illustrations.
- A good understanding of environment design.
- Expert in working in Photoshop and other 2D digital media
- A strong eye for form, shape, structure, colour, and light
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to suggest creative solutions
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Experienced in Maya (or equivalent)
- Good visual design sense
- Familiarity with 3D Modelling and working with modern game engines
- Experience of shipping at least one AAA console or PC title
- Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
- Strong understanding of texture and material creation
- Some experience at storyboarding
- Understanding of the compromises and constraints inherent in the production of in-game art
- Understanding of FX creation
- Possess a full understanding of the end-to-end 3D pipelines
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Independent game developer for Console and PC, based in Liverpoo