Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, The Quarry, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, NBA 2K, PGA Tour 2K and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
Global Services, 2K’s worldwide centralized services group, is a diverse group of teams offering varied services from locations all over the world. Our Global Services 2K Valencia studio is seeking an experienced Concept Artist who is ready for the challenge contributing to several AAA projects!
This position will require working closely with other concept artists within the 2K Valencia studio, as well as external concept teams all over the world, to make visually striking concepts for several 2K studios. We’re looking for someone who’s motivated and passionate about making high quality games. We’re constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries and looking for someone who is up for that challenge as well!
- Work with Art-Directors, and other Concept Artists both internally and externally, to develop and support concept needs in accordance with the project's artistic direction and game design philosophies.
- Creatively and technically maintain the quality standards for the project(s) and feel confident to develop your own skills and mentor these of the team around you.
- Proactively report blockers or request feedback.
- Self-regulate your workload while completing time sensitive requests & resolve any issues that arise.
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in the AAA gaming industry as a Concept Artist.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Experience creating concepts and functional designs.
- Portfolio demonstrating examples concepts for game production.
- Good understanding of videogame development workflows and have preferably worked on at least one released title.
- Capacity to adapt to a demanding workflow, maintaining quality and consistency while meeting the objectives.
- Can work in a team as well as an individual, being able to communicate well and having a proactive attitude are a must.
- Proficiency in Photoshop is required.
- Experience in 3D software (Maya,3DSMax, Blender, Zbrush or similar etc.) is a plus.
- Able to autonomously follow guidelines and complete complex tasks within given timeframe.
- Able to comfortably communicate with the team.
- Strong work ethic with good communication skills.
- Strong motivational and tutoring skills.
- Needs to be a Dynamic, flexible, and problem-solving person.
- Fluent English both in speech and in writing.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts...