Are you looking to show off your skills to the world? Are you the kind of person who doodles every day? Are you passionate about video games, video game art and making cool and interesting designs?
Ratloop is seeking a 2D artist to build a beautiful stylized UX experience for their upcoming Unreal Engine 5 powered game. As our 2D specialist, you will be responsible for almost all player facing 2D artwork in the game. From menu pages, icons, in game HUD and interfaces, your work will be front and center, always visible to the player and will greatly define the look and feel for the entire game!
We are seeking a full-time position, located in Montreal, QC (or remote), someone who is a passionate artist and who is comfortable with integration of assets inside of Unreal Engine. You must enjoy working autonomously and be highly responsible, as well as strive to deliver high quality results. A willingness to learn and to solve new problems is fundamental to being a successful team member at Ratloop Canada.
As a key team member, you will be integral to delivering a high quality, creative AAA indie experience. If this excites your passion, then we’d love to see how you can make your mark on our project!
We have a cool team and a cool game which we all play together and are deeply passionate about!
- 2+ years of experience developing 2D art for video games;
- Demonstrable knowledge of UI systems;
- Understanding of texture formats and optimisation for videogames;
- Basic familiarity with shaders/materials in UE4/5 or similar;
- Willingness to learn technically and solve creative problems;
- A passion for videogames and videogame art;
- An online portfolio or reel demonstrating previous artwork;
- Self sufficient when it comes to problem solving, time management and task management.
- Shipped one or more console or PC videogame title(s);
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine UI system;
- Experience with blueprint (UE4/5);
- Experience with asset pipeline (UE4/5) – integration of meshes, textures etc.;
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Affinity with game design;
- Autonomous and resourceful, ability to take initiative;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
*Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are industry veterans who want to make a difference. Currently developing the turn-based FPS Lemnis Gate.