Junior Animator - Remote (UK only)
Firebolt Games is a small London-based digital game and toy developer.
We’re looking for a Junior 3D Animator to work on an exciting new, unannounced IP for PC.
You’ll be responsible for driving the animation from prototype stage to full, finished game, implementing exciting game-play features and sequences along the way.
We are a small, fun team, and you will have the opportunity to really influence the look and feel of the games, and get involved in all areas of the game’s development.
You’ll also be involved in the development of new IP and ideas for new games on PC, console, mobile, and Roblox. This is a great and exciting time to be joining our company!
- Portfolio/showreel showcasing 3D cartoony/stylised animations.
- Experience with character rigging and skinning.
- Proficiency with the Unity game engine.
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation principles.
- Knowledge of at least one major 3D package, i.e. Maya or 3DS Max.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, flexible with a team player attitude.
- Experience with 3D modeling and texturing.
- Experience with Photoshop.
- Experience in video editing and motion graphics.
- Experience with Roblox Studio.
- Experience creating 2D artwork and concept art.
- An interest in game design.
- Available to meet in London for quarterly team social events.
- Work alongside the Art Director in developing the animation style and art direction for the project.
- Work closely with the game designers and programmers to understand the direction, objectives, and game-play requirements of the animation.
- Provide detailed input during the character creation process.
- Design and implement rigs for the characters.
- Produce quality in-game animations.
- Create clear documentation of the animation process and pipelines.
- Produce art assets for the games (3D models and textures)
- Produce marketing assets and renders.
- Ensure that all work is on-brand and fits the style guide and quality bar of the project.
- Maintain a keen interest in industry-wide advancements in art and animation technology.
- Competitive salary.
- Remote working.
- Pension plan.
- Dental Insurance.
- Sick Pay.
- 22 days holiday (plus public holidays - we also close between Christmas and New Year)
To apply, please send your CV and a link to your showreel and/or portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Amazing toy-integrated mobile Augmented Reality experiences using bespoke technology.