Are you super passionate about hand animating characters and truly breathing life into them? Can you bring out their personalities and make it emotionally resonate with players while delivering innovative gameplay mechanics?
Velan Studios, a small independent game developer, is looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator with a breadth of experience. As the Senior Gameplay Animator, you should be comfortable working on a small prototyping team with engineers and designers to create eye-opening experiences. You will be actively collaborating with the team to define the personality of the character through its movement, actions, and gameplay, as well as focusing on the implementation of character mechanics.
- Develop a strong animation style, showcasing solid body mechanics for interesting and dynamic gameplay
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to implement animations in engine
- Set up gameplay systems and troubleshooting issues that may arise
- Document workflows
- Mentor fellow animation team members
- And above all, bring a passion and drive to make highly polished and entertaining performances for the best possible gameplay experience
- 5+ years of game/film industry experience
- Killer demo reel showcasing solid and entertaining animations
- Expert in Maya or equivalent 3D animation software
- Experience with general state machine structure in game engines
- Self-driven and proactive in problem solving
- A team player with a positive attitude, passionate about your craft, and deeply curious
- Rigging chops
- Scripting experience
- Game design sensibilities
- Motion matching or other modern techniques for animation in games
- Character modeling
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A scrappy indie studio in upstate New York. Makers of KnockoutCity and Mario Kart Live Home Circuit