With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a highly talented and creative Concept Artist to play a key role on one of our exciting projects!
The successful candidate should be a gifted artist capable of creating compelling imagery rich in atmosphere and story. Working directly with the Creative Director and Art Director, the primary roles are to create artwork and production design materials which help to develop and refine the look and feel of unique and exciting worlds and characters which form the basis for our narrative based game projects.
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Creating high-quality concept art and production design materials in conjunction with Directors and Producers to clarify and communicate the vision for the project.
- Creating concept art which helps to explore new ideas and approaches.
- Researching and exploring reference to support ideas.
Experience and Skills:
- A strong and broad portfolio which demonstrates a natural eye for composition with a cinematic slant.
- Proven ability to deal with varying subject matter and tone, equally adept at creating strikingly beautiful imagery and gritty horror.
- Good communicator capable of exploring an idea visually.
- Able to work quickly to find the essence of an idea visually.
- Experience of creating concept art and other production materials for games, film, or TV.
- Experience producing storyboards for games, film or TV would be an advantage
- Excellent 2D art skills
- Experience using Maya/Sketchup or other 3D package an advantage
You should have:
- A proven track record for creating high quality concept art pieces.
- Ability to rapidly draft roughs / speed paints to help communicate direction.
- A strong work ethic, with the ability to use time well and be productive.
- An enthusiastic and positive approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the horror genre.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Why Join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game
Your application has been successfully submitted.
BAFTA-winning, independent games studio. We made Until Dawn.