2D Art Contractor
2D Art Contractor wanted at 9 Dots which is a non-profit organization working to provide girls, students of color, and students from low-income communities with access to the transformative computer science (CS) education they need to thrive in today’s technological world. Our product team is in the process of building out new curriculum that employs game based learning to teach students CS concepts. We are looking for an artist to join a small indie-team within our non-profit organization and help us create The Rewriters, a thinky puzzle game that will be delivered via the browser.
The Rewriters (name pending) is a A top-down 2D puzzle adventure about discovering the unique power that lies in yourself and others. Core gameplay mechanics have been developed as well as a rough narrative outline. We are looking for a concept artist to help bring our vision to life.
- Create exceptional concept art for the Rewriters
- Create a wide range of designs, mood boards, thumbnails and reference sheets for characters, environments and props
- Create detailed illustrations that inspire and excite the viewer
- Work closely with the other artists/creative team members, giving them feedback on quality, consistency and vision
- Collaborate with other creative team members, designers and engineers to create the absolute best concept art possible to meet the needs of the project
- Manage your time independently, completing tasks on time and bringing up issues and conflicts to the team as they arise
- Provide clear and concise feedback to the other creative team members
Estimated Time: The project duration is 4-8 months depending on how your time is structured (est. 600-800 hours) and this is a contract, work-for-hire position.
- Strong digital 2D illustration skills with emphasis on storytelling.
- Strong abilities in art technicals such as form, shapes, and colors.
- Experienced with character illustration and/or environment illustration
- Strong communication skills and receptivity to feedback.
- Experience crafting an artistic aesthetic
- Prior experience with game art pipelines
- UI design experience
- Experience working in the Agile Environment
- Strong understanding of typography
- Experienced with 2D game sprites and 2D animations
- Project-based or hourly. $30-50/hour (USD) depending on skills and experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a nonprofit organization committed to ensuring that all K-6 students have the opportunity to engage in a transformative Computer Science Educat...