3D Artist - VR
As a 3D Artist for VR at Resolution Games, you are part of a small, agile, cross-functional, and highly experienced team. You will get to be part of top-quality VR games and experiences which all players, gamers, and non-gamers alike will enjoy for hopefully years to come.
About the role
As a 3D Artist at Resolution Games you will work together with a team of artists and programmers with the focus of ensuring the highest overall quality of all the visuals of the game. Your specific focus will be to take ownership of the assets you produce, from the beginning to the end result. It can be anything from modeling to texture/vertex-paint, both the characters as well as the environment of the game.
In this role collaboration is really important and you will be working closely with teammates to implement the best possible solutions to creative problems. You will also be in constant communication with stakeholders such as the Art Director, the producer and team lead to make sure all deadlines and goals are met while keeping an eye on quality. You will get to contribute to all parts of the game development through playing, discussing, and feedbacking all the way through the process.
What you’ll do:
- Play a key part in bringing our visual ideas to life by creating tangible 3D objects
- Creation of game-ready 3D assets from start to finish. I.e. Modeling to implementation in Unity.
- Follow an existing workflow/pipeline for 3D or help create one if there is a need
- Occasionally, simple rigging and/or animation of assets.
- Creation of simple 2D assets is involved from time to time such as title screens, game icons and logos.
- Professional game development experience as a Game Artist
- Good understanding of game engines and preferably Unity
- Fluent in at least one 3D software such as Maya, Blender or others.
- Proficiency in 3D asset-creation (Objects, Environments, Characters) for games from low poly to in-game asset. This includes: Modeling, UV’s, High-Poly Sculpting, Baking, Texturing
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Substance Painter or other texturing software.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of unity shuriken particle system
- Working knowledge of unity shader graph/ shader forge or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Zbrush and or other digital sculpting software.
- Prior experience working with AR
We believe that you are a strong communicator and a strong team player. We believe that you are someone who is able to both give and receive constructive feedback. It will be important in this role to keep a growth mindset towards your own skills as well as the art, that keep iterating and improving throughout the process.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Resolution Games is a games studio led by some of the top minds in the industry, forging a world-class catalog of titles