Hi! We’re Hilltop Studios. We are an Indie Studio focused on narrative-forward games and interesting/compelling technology. We operate virtually, with team members in Canada, Mexico, Colombia and Brazil.
Hilltop is working on a Vertical Slice exploring the usage of an exciting unreleased/prototype controller for R&D. This slice will be a polished showcase of 20-30 minutes of gameplay, but won’t scale to a full game. If you’re comfortable working with early/conceptual stages of prototyping in development, but also love to ship polished, quality work – you’ll enjoy this project.
We’re looking for three people to join our Art Team as full-time contractors for 5 months (Dec 2022 - April 2022), with the possibility of extension on to other projects. This is a fully-remote position, and we are a fully-remote studio.
What we’re looking for (Requirements)
- You’ve worked on a minimum of 1 full commercial game before (regardless of size)
- Experience creating 3D character and object animations for games and in-game cinematics
- Knowledge in character and prop rigging, and skinning
- Knowledge and experience with art and animation workflow, pipelines, and tools
- Comfort working with Art Pipeline/Art Direction mixing high-poly characters and low-poly environments (e.g., Astroneer)
- Deliver high-quality art assets and ensure their efficient integration into the game
- Work closely with Lead Developer, Director, and Senior Artist to make something we’re all proud to show and players will love
- +/- 4 hours difference from EST timezone (Based in Canada, Latin America, US, Greenland)
Bonus Skills & Qualities (nice to have, but not required)
- Animate high-quality assets
- Illustration experience, especially with character designs/ character turnarounds
- Familliary with Unity and Unity’s Mecanim Animation System
- Experience with URP Pipeline in Unity & Plastic SCM
- Experience creating storyboards for short cinematics
- Comfort working with teams remotely (we work on Slack)
- Comfort presenting to Corporate teams/clients
Applying & Role Details
- ✉️ Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that includes the words “Prototype Project - 3D Animator” and a link to your online profile/portfolio that shows your background or things you’ve built/made.
- 👋 Feel free to include a quick blurb with your email telling us a bit about yourself, but it’s not a requirement.
- This will be 5-month contract - you’ll be employed as a salaried Contractor and will be responsible for taking care of taxes and withholdings.
- Note: a formal cover letter is not necessary.
- 15-minute screen call to say hi 👋
- Quick NDA so we can share all the details of the work! It’s a requirement because we’re working on unreleased/prototype technology.
- 1-Hour Interview with select team members
- Offer + Reference Checks
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're a creatively-driven games and innovation studio