2D Artist (Mobile Games)
This is a fully remote position for eligible candidates currently based in most of the United States and Canada
PerBlue is looking for a talented and experienced 2D Artist to join our team. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including our award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game.
Our cross-functional and collaborative team has experience across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely throughout the United States and Canada for an unmatched quality of life and work.
In this position, you'll help deliver amazing experiences to our mobile game fans around the world! Working closely with our art leads, you'll be deeply involved in creating and refining the artistic style of our games.
What you'll do
- In this product centric role, you’ll work closely with product leads to bring new games to life throughout the production and lifecycle of games and live content
- Concept, pitch, and develop game characters
- Create storyboards and game flow in collaboration with teams across the studio
- Develop exciting, performant visuals working within the contraints of mobile budgets
What you'll bring
- 4+ years as a professional 2D artist creating finished concept art for shipped, financially successful shipped games
- A refined portfolio of characters, icons, and environments for these games
- Core understanding of art fundamentals, including color theory, shape language, readability, and values
- Passion for the challenge of creating and optimizing 2D assets for the mobile game experience
- Jira or other enterprise project management solutions
Who you are
- Deep understanding of visual development and design for game production and live operations
- Great visual, written, and verbal communicator who can drive the work forward in a remote, cross-continent studio setting
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and cross-studio teamwork
- Expert in 2D art software, conversant in 3D packages, experienced Jira end-user (or other PM software)
- Working knowledge of Unity
Other characteristics to highlight in your application
- Familiarity with the constraints and opportunities in character-driven mobile RPG/strategy games
- Experience working with external art vendors, specifically paintover experience
If you're thinking that your past experiences don't meet every single one of our requirements and preferences perfectly, please still consider applying for this role. We seek diversity in people, experiences, and perspectives, and we're committed to building a genuine, diverse, and inclusive workplace. If you clicked into this posting and you're excited about this role, you may just be the candidate we're looking for, so go on and apply!
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around North America. We offer a competitive base salary; an incentive bonus plan; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot support visa sponsorship or consider candidates based outside of the United States or Canada at this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're an independent mobile games studio based in Madison, WI that was founded in 2008. Come play — and grow — with us!