2D Art Generalist
We're looking for a 2D Art Generalist to join us on Wylde Flowers and other projects!
This position is right for you if you love all things cozy and comforting and you have a passion for creating inspiring images and artworks.
🌸 What you’ll be doing 🌸
- Support and inform the 3D art team with concepts, sketches and reference materials, including:
- Designing concepts for future content.
- Creating 2D turn-around sheets.
- Designing environments based on location descriptions and functional requirements.
- Illustrations and render touch-ups to help support the marketing team.
- Designing mock-ups of UI screens and creating icons and other 2D UI functional elements for use in-game.
🌸 This is a remote-working position 🌸
This position is 40 hours a week
- Work around your family and personal commitments.
- Work any hours of the day and week that make sense for you.
- We generally communicate over Slack or email, with occasional voice/video chat when convenient.
You will need to have some reasonable time zone overlap with both Melbourne and the US.
In order to meet our timezone requirements, we will only be considering candidates in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, USA, Canada, Colombia and other countries with similar time zones. This is to ensure our team is able to maintain a healthy work/life balance while being available for meetings at a common time.
We'll be trusting you to be self-motivated and able to manage your own time and workload; we won't be micromanaging your task list.
This will be a contract position for 12 months of full-time work.
🌸 How to apply 🌸
Please apply using the provided form to send us a cover letter, CV and a link to your portfolio.
If you have examples of artwork that you wish to attach as files rather than a link, please email them to the confirmation email after submitting your application.
If you have artwork that demonstrates a diverse set of characters or worlds, representing the many spectrums, colours and abilities that make up the world, we would love to see it!
Studio Drydock is making games for diverse audiences, and it's super-important to us that we start with our staff. We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria.
We intend for our games to carry a message, and to be a product of the times they are created in. Regardless of whether you're with us for a short or long time, we hope that you will be able to imprint on this message with your own stories and point of view.
You won't find any guns or explosions in Studio Drydock games; we're making experiences for the vast majority of the world that finds fun in creativity, exploration and building.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Studio Drydock is making games for diverse audiences, and it's super-important to us that we start with our staff