Hola a todos! We are excited to announce that Rovio is opening an entity in Barcelona! Rovio is growing, and games such as Dream Blast and Angry Birds Friends are looking to recruit more people to work their magic on making and growing the games in Barcelona, working in tandem and as equal with the team at HQ in Finland.
At Rovio you get to work with one of the most famous games IP’s in the world: Angry Birds. Rovio’s mission is “We craft Joy” . We know that companies don’t create games, people do and we know that our people are our most valuable asset. We value that people have lives outside the workplace. We encourage balance because we want people to deliver quality work. We believe and trust in our teams. Teams and studios have ownership and autonomy of their games both in terms of processes as well as roadmapping. We want to make sure everyone has personal growth possibilities at Rovio and we focus on inclusion and diversity.
We are looking for a talented Game Art generalist to join the Angry Birds Friends game team - one of our longest lasting and ever growing slingshot games that never stops in its quest of delighting our most hard core fans with its visual quality and attention to visual storytelling. We hope you will be equally ambitious about those. The tasks you would be working on can ultimately vary depending on your skills and preferences, but our ideal candidate would be a versatile game artist that can work with the games 2D asset pipelines from level asset concepting to the final assets, VFX and animation in Spine and Unity.
What your days will look like:
- Creating level art and background illustrations
- Creating assets for new game mechanics and polishing existing core game elements
- Creating characters, their effects and animations
- Creating illustrations, concepts and final game assets
- Importing your assets to game engine and working with programmers and tech artists on making sure they work as intended
Who we think will do great in this position:
- You have a great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position as well as sense of visual style
- Strong understanding for colors, shape language and layouts
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger team
- Prior experience working in game teams
We'd love if you have some of these:
- At least basic knowledge of 3D modelling/rendering and texturing
- Basic understanding of Unity
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll become one of the first employees in Barcelona. How cool is that?
- We have mastered the mobile puzzle genre for ages. You’ll get to work with a super talented team that knows the ins and outs of making successful games that last.
- We’re built on independence and responsibility. We understand the way for our people and teams to do their best work is to give them the freedom and independence to truly own their projects.
- We cherish the Nordic work culture. We create joy, value teamwork, and support wellbeing and overall worklife balance.
The steps that we would go through together:
- Portfolio Review: We will review your work samples, past projects and portfolio based on the links you provide us and use those to assess your potential skill and style fit.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. Check out our open positions!