Senior Character Concept Artist
Senior Character Concept Artist
🎮 Become a Monster (at what you do)! 🎮
Help us create images for our new journey. Apply your imagination and artistic skills! Mino Games is looking for a Senior Character Concept Artist to join our fast-growing team.
💪🏻What Challenges Await You:
Mino Games is embarking on an amazing journey to design a fun and engaging multiplatform game. We need YOU, the Senior Character Concept Artist to design the characters and creatures of our ever-expanding multi-verse!
You will be maximizing your creative juice to design characters, aliens, robots, mechs, creatures, golems, demons, and gods. The look and feel of the IP universe will be yours to design! More precisely, you’ll get to:
- Concept, clean up and color new characters or new traits for existing characters of the game using Photoshop
- Expand on character designs, creating rotations, poses, facial expressions etc.
- Rapid conceptualization by using photobash and sketches.
- Highly refined polish passes to create poster quality character key art.
- Adapt to the existing style while bringing your own knowledge to the team to push the game, art appeal and story
- Contribute to the art direction of different cohesive dimensions and worlds using colour and design to establish the universe of Dimensionals.
- For your peers and contracting companies in the form of draw-overs and notes.
- Learn from peers and welcome feedback
- Identify and suggest improvements in the art production process by clearly communicating blockers and brainstorming solutions with leads and their team.
- Assist the team in keeping documentation such as our character art bible, art process documents and best practices on our confluence up to date.
- Document the execution and design process of every Dimension species
- 5+ years in mobile games / desktop game development.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Strong traditional drawing skills, anatomy, composition, light, color theory and draftsmanship
- Experience working with Web3 NFT games.
- Have experience illustrating and designing for toys.
- Having experienced the full cycle of a game production pipeline.
- Previous working experience for a video game or animation studio
- Interest in Fantasy and creatures
- Familiarity with animation and how design works
⭐Perks & Benefits
- Paid Vacations: We offer 20 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) a year!
- Unlimited Sick days: Feeling unwell? Not to worry, we got your back! You can take either half or a full day of PTO to recover!
- Holidays: We follow local statutory holidays in Canada. Even our international employees get to enjoy those as PTO.
- Training: We can offer training classes and workshops to develop and deepen your skills so you can continue leveling up.
- Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
- Activities: Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with the team and company-wide surprises and activities, including our quarterly event: the Minopalooza!
Mino Games hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mobile gaming development studio and publisher founded in Silicon Valley, now operating fully remote.