At the intersection of technology, science, business, and sports, Strivr offers the leading VR-based immersive learning platform that is changing the way employees train, learn, and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive experience, we are redefining an industry and shaping the future of workforce development.
Strivr was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as our proving ground. Since then, we have expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 1000 companies including Bank of America, MGM Resorts, Sprouts, Verizon, and Walmart to innovate and elevate employee learning and development at scale.
More than just content inside a headset, Immersive Learning is a groundbreaking training methodology that combines the sense of presence in Virtual Reality with advanced learning theory, data science, and spatial design. It provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by best practices across L&D, instructional design, immersive content development, data science, product design, and user experience. As the leading VR-based Immersive Learning solution for enterprises on the market today, Strivr’s platform enables the deployment of VR training at scale while serving as the bridge to the connected immersive worlds of tomorrow.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies three years in a row, a ‘Major Player’ by IDC in Soft Skills VR Training, and awarded by leading L&D analyst firm Brandon Hall, we take pride in our passion for innovation and use that energy to fuel our work. Our culture thrives on dignity, inclusion, accountability, transparency, and teamwork. We celebrate every win and learn from every loss. With a customer-focused mindset, we embrace continuous evolution and look forward to growing our team as we lead the industry forward!
About the role
As the Senior Animator, you will be split between animation and project management. You will work closely with our customer facing team to plan and anticipate incoming work and set schedules accordingly. Primarily, animation deliverables will be facial animation, but may include body or environment animation. You will be responsible for guiding and mentoring junior animators, and occasionally working with outside vendors. You will be responsible for delivering on time, and owning the animation process.
- Work with our solutions team to keep track of incoming projects, and give accurate estimates for planning and scheduling
- Create and polish automatically generated facial animation
- Respond to any other animation requests (body / environment animation)
- Check assets in using version control tools like Sourcetree and Perforce
- Mentor and guide junior animation team members to meet deadlines
- Quality check animation output using our online web tool, unity, and maya
- 5+ years animator experience
- A strong demo reel demonstrating fundamental knowledge of animation
- Proficiency with Maya
- Keen understanding of facial animation
- Ability to manage incoming work, partner with vendors and and guide junior team members
- Working knowledge of Game engines, preferably Unity
- Experience with version control (Source tree / Perforce)
- Experience with auto facial animation and cleanup
- Experience with motion capture
- Expert knowledge of Unity and its animation systems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Born out of the Stanford University Virtual Human Interaction Lab, Strivr's Immersive Learning solution is based on proven research in cognitive scien...