2D Gaming Illustrator and Animator
- Conceptualizing and designing amazing in-game 2D characters
- Animating those characters for our various casual games
- Designing and animating other in-game items and decorations
- Being actively involved in the game creation process
- Interacting with the other project team members, such as designers, programmers, and project managers
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a character illustrator
- Bachelor's degree in art, media design or equivalent
- Solid background in academic drawing and sketching
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, autonomous and adaptable
- Good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good knowledge of Adobe Animate, After Effects or other animation software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to create in a style that is in line with our existing games portfolio: https://www.songpop2.com, http://www.songpop-party.com
- An exceptional online portfolio featuring examples of visual design work is required
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are locatedfor an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolioor other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.).Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading mobile-game developer and publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” list. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games through Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
For this role you will be a part of FreshPlanet, a small gaming studio who recently joined Gameloft. FreshPlanet specialized in making high quality casual mobile games that mix social and pop culture elements. FreshPlanet is most famous for creating SongPop, the biggest music trivia game in the world with over 120 million players so far and winner of a BAFTA and Webby Award.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Gameloft, we have a passion for games that fuels everything we do, from being amongst the first to bring them to mobile back in 2000 to creating mu...