Lead 2D Artist | AAA Games | Remote
Title: 2D Lead Artist
Type: Remote, Home-Working
We are extensively growing our Global Art Team
As a Lead 2D Artist at 1518 Studios, you will have the opportunity to work on high quality assets in one of our exciting projects. Our Lead 2D Artists mix keen technical skills with creative problem solving to create/develop the characters for our video games.
1518 Studios are now on the hunt for several talented and professional Lead 2D Artists to join our Global Art Team. You'll be a highly qualified and experienced Lead Artist with the skills to create the initial ideas and sketches, along with excellent final renders that will bring the characters and environments alive. You will be able to bring character and personality through the different exploration sheets, where you'll display the different poses/views, props/elements of a given asset.
This position entails a great deal of responsibility and opportunity to drive further the development of your artistic, technical, and creative expertise and will accept applications from Lead 2D Artists that can work on a variety of art styles.
We are ideally looking for senior/ lead Artists that have at least around 5+ years of commercial experience in Art Production for games.
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into a character.
- Have a good knowledge of Photoshop, CorelDraw or other 2D illustration software.
- Can quickly adapt to new client software and plugins (according to guides). Able to switch quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Able to draw in an either realistic or a cartoon style. Double points if you can do both.
- Excellent understanding of the art fundamentals. A strong grasp of proportion, silhouette, anatomy, lighting, colour and volume is key.
- Able to create top shelf quality game assets for our current and upcoming projects in various styles from early concepting through to production and marketing. Skilled at creating 2D concepts that are clean and organised. Consistently delivering well presented and defined artworks from the initial sketch through to final render.
- Excellent design thinking skills, able to solve creative problems through innovative design, balancing form and function.
- The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Participate in the scheduling of his part of the project and maintain planning foresight
- Maintains effective informational flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Encourage creativity and participation from all team members and maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Maintain close working relationship with your direct manager, producers, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Raise the bar for the project by demanding high results from self and team members
- Actively participate to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines, sharing knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
- Good understanding of creative briefs, able to consider elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Excellent collaborative attitude. A receptive individual who's open to take feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
- An eye-catching portfolio is a must, we want to see that passion for Character Design.
Nice to have
- Experience in game dev or outsource.
- Love of computer games.
- Have experience with 3D modelling (either organic or hard surface).
- Good understanding of the animation process, being able to understand the rigging process.
- Advanced English level and above.
- 8-hour working day.
- Competitive financial reward.
- A community of people who share a love for games and are always ready to share knowledge.
- Remote working form home.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial global multicultural casual, fun environment.
- You get to work with the latest technologies.
- You will be working for one of the worlds leading providers of specialist services to the games industry.
Who we are
PTW is a video games services company which supports video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes 1518, SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio. 1518 is our award- winning global Art studio service.
Welcome to 1518
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ranged across time zones and countries, we're a diverse group of tech wizards, engineers, and strategists, with nearly three decades of on-the-job exp...