Senior 2D Artist - Casual Games
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we've recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association).
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
This position is working with the Tictales studio - Drawing inspiration from visual novels and gamebooks, we provide interactive story apps, franchises, and services for many genres & audiences: romance, thriller, medical drama, fantasy and more! Our stories can be experienced on web browsers or mobile stand-alone apps.
Tictales are experts in crafting the best narrative and interactive storytelling experiences with a long-term vision : to bring bigger franchises to the world and enable content creators from everywhere to express themselves.
What’s the job?
As our Senior Artist you’ll be part of the Tictales team creating eye-catching art for our Interactive Story mobile games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure that our player have an experience smoother than freshly churned butter”
What you will really be doing
- Being responsible for creating and delivering art on multiple casual game projects within the Interactive Story genre.
- Under the guidance of the Art Director, setting the overall look and feel of new games from the characters to environment
- Working closely with the design and script teams to understand the stories and characters inside them and making art that suits our target audiences.
- Work with the games production and product teams to understand the bigger picture of the games
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 5 years of experience as an artist in the game industry, with at least one shipped title in the casual mobile game space
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to work with direction on who the target audience is and the art style it requires.
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask
- A professional, pro-active & collaborative work attitude.
- High level of proficiency in 2D.
- A portfolio demonstrating the development of brands/IPs for casual mobile games
- Extensive knowledge of Unity, pipelines and processes
- Skills in animation, motion design and/or special effects
- French language proficiency is bonus
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- Creative Wednesdays! (Pitch and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We develop and publish mobile games that millions love. Follow us for hypercasual updates from our growing team 📱🌎👋