2D Concept Artist
Are you interested in creating world class, groundbreaking, interactive experiences on a large scale? If so, we are looking for a passionate concept artist to work in a highly qualified cross-functional team on a brand-new application Unity is developing. We are seeking a leader in their field who is passionate about live events, gaming, and community building. Someone who will help us deliver stunning visual content to market as a senior concept artist.
More specifically, in the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of a creative direction and working the first version alongside hardworking colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will work with the leadership team to define the vision of what the user experience can become. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the Art Director to develop the art style of an original virtual world IP, through visual exploration and look development.
- Collaborate with modelers, animators, and technical artists to design a roster of highly emotive characters.
- Support production artists by providing feedback and paint-overs to help achieve the game's artistic vision, and work collaboratively with the designers and 3D artists to balance creative vision with production needs and technical considerations.
- Work with product, design, UX research, and engineering leads to develop and refine visuals.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal and external partners.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in concept art.
- Experience in, and a portfolio highlighting, appealing and whimsical character and world design.
- Ability to create concept art that's thematically aligned with gameplay experiences and goals.
- Strong collaborator and communicator.
You might also have
- Illustration skills.
- Experience working in non-photorealistic, "mass-appeal" art styles.
- Games or Film industry experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content.