Working around the world, with flexible schedules, and plenty of travel, we thrive together as experts who create what we love to play. As a team, we launched our first game, Airborne Kingdom, to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our second in-house project is now in the works. We're looking for someone with creativity and motivation to help us craft this big and exciting idea.
We need a 3D Artist to add to our entirely-remote studio. Ideally, this is a full-time, permanent role within the US - but we're open to other arrangements for the right fit. You'll work on both 3D structures and environments, crafting the look and feel of our open-world. You'll meet daily with the entire team - five of us! - and you'll be given time for feedback and iteration.
We have a no-crunch policy - we each work when (and where) we want, hitting reasonable deadlines the best way for each of our own bodies, minds, and lifestyles. Our passion motivates us, but does not consume us. Our current art style is pretty open, and our ideal candidate would help drive the art direction, which could evolve into a larger role at the studio in future.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with boundless creativity!
We Need Someone To...
- Design, model, and animate 3D structures, environments, and props
- Research and directly apply reference materials to develop a visual language
- Collaborate with Technical Art, Design, and Programming on goals and metrics
- Understand and integrate into an existing art pipeline
It Would Be Nice If You Had...
- Experience shipping a game
- Proficiency in Unity
- A good sense of game design, enjoying both City Builders and RPGs
Some Of The Benefits You'll See Include...
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully remote studio
- Bi-annual company work/play retreats
- Annual game spend, including Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Plus subscriptions
salary dependent on applicant experience and skillset
Please email email@example.com your CV and portfolio for consideration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Wandering Band is a small umbrella for creating interesting games and collaborating with others, all while still wandering the world