Senior Animator - Dungeons
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We are a vibrant team creating games together, with an ambition to inspire future generations and to build a better tomorrow. We are looking for you, a Senior Animator with experience in console game development, to join our friendly Stockholm studio and one of our new game teams.
As Senior Animator you will work in cross functional teams to create animations which will make our game come to life. You will work closely together with the Art Director and team to create readable and fun animations in-game. We believe you have several years of experience working hands on with animation in a game engine, for example Unreal 4/5, to create world-class games.
· Working with one or several cross functional teams to create and implement high quality animations for both gameplay and cutscenes.
· Set up best practices, workflows and define technical requirements for the animation strategy.
· Collaborate closely with Art Director, designers and artists to enhance gameplay and storytelling.
· Coach and mentor artists in different feature teams on all aspects of animation.
· Assist in reviewing work from external departments and partner studios.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have some of the following:
· Solid experience with developing games for consoles and/or PC
· Familiarity with animation for Action RPG games.
· A portfolio that demonstrates versatility and high artistic skills in areas including 3d-animation, rigging, and skinning.
· Excellent skills in animation fundamentals, rigging and cinematography
· Knowledge of performance and optimization requirements for different platforms.
· A good understanding of a 3d-package like Maya and game engines such as Unreal.
· An interest in Mojang’s game titles and in pixel art.
· Great collaboration and communication skills with an ability to adapt to any context.
· Experience in leadership, coaching and mentoring.
· Self-organized, with the ability to work with several scrum teams on-site and off-site.
· Able to successfully establish, document and enable processes for long term sustainable game development.
· You are someone who cares about people and can help us build an inclusive, open, and friendly work environment.
· Communicating effectively in written and spoken English.
If this sounds like a fit to you and you want to be part of a great game studio, do not hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The creators of Minecraft